The other sports activities thread.

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Jackie
GT

Re: The other sports activities thread.

Postby Jackie » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:43 am

Cody wow I need autographs now before the line get's too long! Mike has to have a smile that just won't stop.
Jonas that is very impressive under 2 hours with limited training!

Bruce I love you have caught the triathlon bug there is nothing more technical or challenging than dialing in training for 3 sports and then remembering the other 50 things you need to race well. Great results and keep listening to Danita on the swim technique.

Do we not live in the greatest place? Best BMX community, mtb world class, marathon runners and tri guys's, and we can all just hang out and ride our bikes like we are 12. Priceless
Follow the fanny pack to the finish

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:04 pm

This is a great site to find upcoming Tri's. Just click on Utah & see what's upcoming.

http://www.trifind.com/

Next weekend is a "Super Sprint Tri" at Murray P&R. Perfect race to get your feet wet.

http://www.trifind.com/re_51238/MurrayY ... thlon.html

Swim 150 Yards, Bike 4.3 Miles, Run 1.2 Miles

There is one in Kamas mid-Sept. too.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

jnasty
GT

Postby jnasty » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Wolf Mtn Mayhem Downhill took place today and it was a riot.

The local BMX fam that didn't roll to Reno rolled up to the Mtn for some camping and biking.

Not sure but I think we came home with three firsts, and two seconds today. Rad canyons new announcer took first yesterday in super D.

Grabbed a second for my first DH race. Ruts are gnarly. I think I'll stick to paved corners and berms, ha.

Mitch R. Was doing well at worlds then came the rain and he went down twice, and at his level minor mistakes ruin your time. I'm excited to see how he does next year, expect big things.
DO WORK SON!

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:20 pm

The Bountiful Sprint Tri was today, Labor Day.

I met up with Jackie & his son at the event. I passed on this one but Danita raced.

Danita had a good swim & a decent ride but on transition from bike to run she rolled her ankle bad, almost 3x her time getting in & out of there. She suffered the rest of the race. Placed 6th in her 40-49 womens group. She won the swim, placed 2nd in the bike but really went backwards in the run.

Jackie looks strong in all 3 events. I bet the COG sticker he runs on his car has something to do with it. He texted me saying he would of won (?) the mens 40-49 class if he would of entered that instead of clydesdale. I'm sure he'll chime in here & lay it out.

Here are some pics of todays racing.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 am

Had a good day strong swim and bike only a average run but had the fastest time in the 40-49 age group but took 2nd in the clydesdale division to some young pup. Good to see some bmx' family out at the tri races.

I am racing stansbury tri on sat sept 10 , won that the last 2 years so looking to do the same this year.

Hope danita's ankle is better looked bad.

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Won my division today at the Stansbury Triathlon and was 16th overall. Wish I could have come out to watch you all tear it up at the STate Championships. Congratulations to all the Sate Champs see you at the track next week

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:22 am

Nice work Jackie!

The 31st annual Tour Des Suds MTB race is next weekend in Park City. I'll be there if anybody wants to join me.

http://mountaintrails.org/events/tour-de-suds/

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:12 pm

I don't think I'll be mt. biking in Corner Canyon in Draper in the middle of the night!

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:09 pm

A friend & me are going to ride Wasatch Crest Sunday morning. Anybody who would like to join us for this epic ride PM me & I'll give you the details. Anybody & everybody are welcome to come but this is a tough ride in areas so be prepared.

b.

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:47 am

here is a link to some pics of Tiff and I running the dirty dash, a 10k on an obstacle course in the mud. It was up at soldier hollow. Lots of people dress up. I ran in a 80's rocker outfit that Tiff got me. :shock:
http://www.flo-foto.com/photos.php?RaceId=25&BibNumber=702
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:01 pm

I saw that race Jason & passed on it. I should of done it. That looks awesome! Nice work. I had no idea you were doing other things than BMX. Congrats.

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:28 pm

Iv'e pre-signed for my 1st cyclocross race this upcoming Saturday morning. It's the kick off of the Utah State CX series. Iv'e had my eye on this type of racing for years but never really had the chance to do it. Now is the time. Jackie & 2 other of my friends are hopefully entering also.
I entered the Masters 35+ C class. We will be racing at the Utah State Fairpark this weekend.

http://www.utcx.net/

I'll let you know how it pans out.

b.

Jackie
GT

Postby Jackie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:06 pm

I will be trying to make that race saturday but with football schedules for my boys I will most likely make the Rookie race later in the afternoon.

I did go to orem and race in their weekly cross race and it was a blast. That course I think is a bit rougher so my mt bike worked out well. If you are looking for a redline heart rate for 40 minutes while navigating turns drops climbs and a little running this is for you. I am hooked already and am looking forward to hammering it again on saturday

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Utah State Cylclocross Series. Race #1.

I'll keep it short, it was hard, alot harder than I thought. Right at my heart redline for 40 minutes. I placed 20th out of 34 in my class. Jumping those little 1ft tall obstacles was harder than it looked because your legs are already fried. Had fun though & the turnout was huge. Alot bigger than I thought for this type of event. Great family spectator event. I was only 1 of about 3 on a mtb. There was at least a 100 yard straight finish on pavement & I got into a side by side sprint with a roadie on my final dash all the was down it. I lost by a stinking knobby but it was fun as heck. My heart rate spiked to 185 after that.

The coolest thing about the event? The bubble machine!

Next race, next weekend in Ogden.

b.

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:49 pm

Anybody want to join me this Saturday morning? Iv'e done this event probebly 8 times over the years. It's hard but really fun. The swag is awesome!

b.

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”