Tubing at Gorgoza Park

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

Tubing at Gorgoza Park

Postby J Gallo » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:46 am

Sunday the family decided to take a trip to go tubing at Gorgoza Park near Jeremy Ranch. We'd been there before and the conditions were not ideal, so we were hoping for a better surface to slide on.

First off, I can't explain in words how amazing it was to get out of the cold damp fog and see the warm bright sun, blue skies and warmer temps. It was 31 when we left the valley at 1pm, and when we left the tubing park at 3:30pm, it was 47. I wanted to spend the whole day just lying in the sun, it was great.

Anyway, the tubing was fantastic! The lanes were so fast, most people were sliding well past the end and into the catch fence, including my wife :P I haven't been there in a year or so, so I don't know if this was new, but they have the regular tubes, and now tubes with a "hard plastic bottom" that go even faster! In fact, people with the hard bottom tubes had to go alone, cause in a group they would never stop.

The only draw back to the whole day was it got pretty crowded soon after we got there. It would take about 15 minutes to get through the lift line. And when you only have a 2 hour pass, this could really limit the number of runs you'll get. So my daughter and I ended up walking up the hill instead of waiting. Walking up to the lower starting area was easy and GREAT exercise, but walking up to the upper area was quite a chore! Though the ride down usually made the pain in the legs worth it.

Anyway, I don't know if anyone else has had a chance to go tubing at Gorgoza Park, but I'd highly recommend it. Maybe we should get together and have a "Utah BMX" day up there sometime??
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:55 am

Sounds like a lot of fun.

We have never been there. What is the cost?

Everyone getting together would be way fun. Let's do it!!!!

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:22 am

Here's the costs:

Tubing Rates 2004-2005 Winter Season

Code: Select all

Regular Season Rates | 1 Ride | 2 Hours | 4 Hours
3-6 years old        |   $3   |     $10 |     $14
7 year old & up      |   $8   |     $19 |     $27

Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”