My brother- The young Pro

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

My brother- The young Pro

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:22 pm

My Brother- The young Pro

By: Bubbaliciousbmxr

Prologue:

It's not easy being the younger sibling to a pro rider. I would know. My brother started racing when he was about eleven, I started racing that same year. I was nine at the time.

Now we're all grown up. My older brother is now seventeen. I am fifteen now. We both race- except that he is a pro rider.

My brother's name is Rick. He is...well, for lack of a better word, Perfect. He is tall about 6'0, with mud brown hair and big brown eyes. He is way strong, but I guess you have to be to be a pro rider. At school he is a 4.0 student and is in the National Honors Society.

My name is Alyx. I am 5'5 with the same mud brown hair and big brown eyes. I am what Rick calls a 'tom-boy.' When most girls wear mini-skirts, I'm wearing leathers. When you see a skin tight shirt on a girl, you can see me wearing a racing t-shirt or jersey. When girls have barettes in their hair or scrunchies, I have a ABA BMX baseball cap on my head, covering my hair. I do wear makeup though, and I only wear skirts when I absolutely have to. I am a 3.0 student, and really hate school.

I want to go pro like my brother, but my dad won't let me. I can't talk to my mom about it. She passed away when I was six. I don't really remember her, and that's why my dad won't let me go pro. Because I'm 'the only woman left in his life.'

I am Alyx Gardner, and this is my story
Dani

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:47 pm

Chapter One

I hate fall. It gets cold awfully quickly, and after the first snowstorm, outdoor racing is cooked, unless a track director is crazy enough to let riders ride some more after the snow melts. Fall was coming, and I was not ready for the indoor arenas.

I was getting ready for practice, pulling on my "ABA Grands" hoodie from the year before. Rick was in our trailer handing me my gear and cleaning up his bike. I looked at his bike. It was a beautiful SuperCross frame painted dark blue. He pulled his Staats Jersey on and looked me with a smile.

"Stop Grumbling Alyx." He said punching my arm playfully. I looked up at him. No wonder he was so popular at the Nationals. He looked good in his Staats leathers.

'Naw, it's just the leathers.' I told myself.

I pulled my 20" bike out from our trailer. It was a beautiful Crupi bike with a custom paint job: Neon Green. I smiled and gave it a good look over to make sure nothing looked wrong. Then, I grabbed my gearbag, threw it over my shoulder and rode off to the bleachers where my dad was sitting.

My dad was strict, which made him a good team coach. But when we did well, he was fairly laid back and let us coach ourselves at our racing. He nodded at me as I set my gear down and started to stretch.

"Your Competition tonight will be tough." He said calmly. "But you can beat them if you try."

I looked up at my dad. "Tough?" I asked. "Is Alise here tonight?" My dad laughed.

"No Alyx, your racing the boys. I'm guessing that you'll be racing against Joe, Travis, Andy and Tony."

My jaw dropped and I started to laugh. "Man, and I thought Alise Post was tough." I said laughing. My dad smiled at me.

"Okay Princess, you go practice." He said placing his hand no my back and giving me a shove towards the track. I stumbled and fell down the bleacher stairs. I landed at the bottom and saw Andy Martin standing there laughing at me. If there is one thing more embarrsing than tripping in front of the guy you like, let me know. I slowly got to my feet, red faced, hair a mess and one of my clips had fallen off. Andy had it in his hand.

"Hey "Princess"." He said playfully. I looked at him.

"Andy, give me back my shoe." I said. I was getting ready to jump the fence onthe bleachers and tackle Andy for my shoe back. I looked away, then when I looked back I saw that my friend Andie Roberts had my shoe and tossed it to me.

"Thanks!" I yelled as I slipped my shoes onto my foot again. Andie smiled at me.

"Anytime." She said. "I'll meet you in staging." I nodded then rode off.

Racing the boys was tough enough, but racing a guy you like too? That's harder than imaginable, espchally when he does not like you in return. I sighed and retied my shoe. My brother was a pro, the guy I liked was now my competiton and after tripping I couldn't imagine anything worse happening. 'My life is like a Soap Opera.' I told myself. And It was true
Dani

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:32 pm

Chapter two

Have you ever been in staging before a race that you know you will not win? Have you ever just sat there and took in the moment? It's tense. You can actually feel the tension in the air, and you can tell which riders are ready to ride and win, and which kids are going to fight for the first. You can tell if it's a riders first night, or if they've been racing for years.

I looked to Andie and smiled at her. She only raced crusier, and she was racing two other girls. I was racing four other guys, and out of five of us, only four would go to the main. I was hoping that I would be one of them. I am a girl rider, and a 15 expert no less. I am unique and almost never race the girls unless it's a national.

"Are you going to the Grands?" Andy asked me riding up to me on his bike. I looked at him as if he were crazy.

"Me. Not race Grands?" I asked him with a laugh. "Who are you kidding?" I asked. He shrugged. "With Rick being my older brother and being sponsored the way he is we have to go to all of the nationals we can." I said.

And we do too. My dad told his boss a year ago when Rick wanted to go pro that he wanted to travel with him. My dad's boss aggreed and gave him a laptop. My dad now goes everywhere with that laptop and we can travel anywhere we need to- as long as there's a phone line to hook up to.

"I was just asking." Andy said. He laughed. "How about this, were the triple A kind." I looked at him as he grinned at Andie.

"What are you talking about boy?" Andie asked. Jeremiah, Andie's boyfriend rode up to her and smiled at her.

"Well think about it." Andy said with a sigh. "Alyx, Andy, and Andie." He said. Jeremiah rolled his eyes, Andy laughed. I smiled at Andie.

"They are crazy." I said simply. She nodded.

"Let's practice already." Jeremiah said smiling at Andie and I. I smiled at him and he pulled a funny face at me.

I pulled my helmet on over my mud brown hair and started to put on my gloves. Practice would be over in about twenty minutes, and moto's were already getting printed out. I had to practice while I had the time.

I started to think about the tension in staging, and started to wonder. Would I be one of the confident few or one of the tense riders?

I would fins out soon.

(A/N: Sorry this was so short! I need Ideas! Priviate message me any ideas or post them in the what would you like to read about? forum. )
Dani

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:46 pm

Chapter Three

When I first started racing Rick had told me something that made me smile everytime I race the boys. He still says it to me when we look at my moto.

"Alyx, if you're going to race the boys, then make 3rd place look GOOD!"

Tonight was one of those nights.

Alyx Gardner 6-2-4
Jeremiah Fazzio 1-5-7

"Well." I said looking atthe moto board. I sighed and shook my head.

"Alyx, I must've said this a million times by now." Rick said looking at my moto from over my sholder. "If you're going to race the boys-"

"Make it look good!" We both finished. I smiled and sighed. If I was pro then I wouldn't have to race them. I could race someone really good and have a good tough competition, like Arielle Martin, or Alise Post, or even Terra Nichols. But no. I can't go pro and I can't race the girls either.

Sighing I walked back to my neon green bike and after pulling it up, I sat on the seat and began to tie my clip shoe so that it wouldn't fall off again and Andy wouldn't take it. I then realized I was shaking.

Why? I asked myself. Is it because I'm racing Andy? Is it cause I'm racing four other boys? Is it cause I know I will not do too well? I shook my head and rode up to where my dad was sitting in the bleachers.

"Four boys and me." I yelled up to him. "Their taking four to the main." My dad looked at me, then folded his arms across his chest and nodded. He leaned back and looked at me for a long time.

"Make me proud Princess." He said simply to me. I nodded, then headed up to staging as the National Anthem, 'The Star Spangled Banner' started to play.

T-minus ten minutes till my race. _
Dani

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:56 pm

I sighed and shook my head. The boys were sitting in their circle talking and I was far away from that group getting ready to ride. Let them exclude me from their conversation.

-They'll be eating my dust later on tonght.

I smiled and looked to Andie as her moto was crossing the finish line. She actually had placed very well. I was going to place better than her though. I knew it.

T-minus five minutes till the gate drops.
Dani

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:15 pm

By now I am getting what an old friend of mine would call "riders bladder." Rider's bladder is what BMXr's get when they get nervous before a race. Symtoms include feeling nasuated, getting a stomach ache, and shaking hands.

I get the shaky hands.

So my hands are shaking and I am feeling really weird, I know what I have to do to place well, I know who I have to pass, and I know what jumps I am allowed to jump or not to jump for sake of speed.

I close my eyes and listen to the gate drop. I am five moto's away from my race, and I am nervous.

I stopped and shook my head. What was up with me? I never got nervous before. I opened my eyes and they fell upon Andy.

That's why.

I was racing the guy I like and was afaraid of losing to him, and showing how slow and wussy I am, or winning to him and making him feel bad.

T-minus two minutes till the gate drops
Dani

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:26 am

Chapter four

I really wish I could say that I had done well that night. I also wish thatI could say that I remembered that night also.

According to Rick- who was in the first turn helping out the volunteers- I tired to pass Andy up, but slid out on some loose dirt and crashed. He said that I hit the ground really hard, and as I did Tony went down over me, right over my neck. I guess I blacked out after that. I don't remember a thing.

The next morning I awoke with a start.

I sighed and laid back down. I was at home. I looked around my room, then slowly closed my eyes and tried to remember last night. I couldn't.
Dani

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:53 pm

That was one thing that Rick and I suffered alot of, memory loss from concussions.

I rubbed my head and crawled out of my bed, then looked at the clock. It was almost 6:00 am. I grabbed a towel- then ran for the shower to beat Rick to it, then I quickly took a shower.

I kept trying to remember last night- but with no luck. But that was common for me and I guessed that I wiped out.

I took a long shower- just to tourture Rick a little bit for when I got out- but when I did, Rick wasn't pounding on the door like he usually did.

After getting dressed and doing my hair- I realized that my dad and Rick weren't home. I looked around our house and finally found a note from my dad.

Alyx

Rick went down hard in practice last night and broke his femer. We're at the hospital- call me when you get home from school today.

-Dad

I bit my lip. He broke his femer.

I decided then that I would rather stay home than go to school- so instead of heading to the bus stop that took kids to school i headed to the public bus stop and rode into town with all of my money in my pocket.

I had a plan that would help us all. Mostly me, but more or less, all of my family.
Dani

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:24 pm

wheres more??? this is a good story!!!!!

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:23 pm

I looked at myself in the mirror, then stopped. I couldn't believe I had actually done it.

I had skipped school and gone to get my hair cut- just like Rick's. I had then unlocked his door and took a few of his t-shirts and a pair of his jeans. They were a little big on me, but I found that baggy pants on guys were the style.

I took some of my brother's hair gel, then started to spike my hair.

Yes, what I had done was stupid.

Yes, I was going to be in big trouble with my dad.

But I was not going to let Rick loose his title of the young pro.

I was going to help him keep it. No matter what it took.
Dani

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Chapter Five

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:01 pm

I wore my jeans and my hoodie to the hospital to visit Rick. I kept a racing beanie on my head and refused to take it off. I kept telling him that only Girls wear their hair down- but then he reminded me that I was a girl.

Thank goodness for Rick- he reminded my dad that I was a tough BMXR girl, and I didn't like to be compared to cheerleaders. My dad simply nodded and then dropped the subject.

We drove home and I snuck off to my bedroom. I pulled my beanie off- then turned on my music (with the volume on high) and started to exercize. My thoughts finally drifted away from Rick and his broken femer, and my crazy idea to be his "twin", and to something actually nice. There was another race tomorrow.

The next day at school, I wore my beanie again until my dad dropped me off. I watied until I got inside the building, then pulled it off. I had spiked my hair like Rick's, but wore my own clothes. I then heard a yell.

"OH MY GOSH!"

I spun around to see Andie standing there, her face pale and her jaw dropped.

"Alyx, what did you do!?"

I shrugged. "Cut my hair." I said casually. But Andie didn't buy it. She leaned in towards me, then smiled.

"If your going to play the part of Rick- you have to do something about your chest."

I folded my arms across my chest defensivly. " What about my chest?"

"Rick doesn't have boobs." Andie said. I stopped. She was right, he didn't.

"What do you suggest then?" I asked. Andie smiled slyly at me.

"Duct tape." She said. "Strong, works long, keeps things, in place." She laughed. "Call me if you need help."
Dani

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”