The un-expected first place

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:26 pm

I'm in the gate, the adrenaline rushing through my veins causing a cold chill to go up my spine. I know who i am racing and I know I cannot beat them. I look around down the first straight and inhale slowly in an attempt to relax. I know I cannot win- these guys have been racing for years and years!

"Okay riders lets set 'em up."

I push down on my clips with my toes- yes, i am clipped in. I know that once that gate drops I'll fall behind- but I still have to try. I look at the tip of the gate. I inhale and exhale again. I can do this.

"On the gate."

This is it. Time's up. I need to do this- i can do this.

"Riders ready, watch the light."

The gate flys down and i watch out of the corner of my eye as the racer next to me slips a pedal. 'WHAT?' I think as i continue to pedal. I keep pedaling, maybe I really can win, but I can see shadows on the ground as i keep pedaling- they may be right behind me. I can feel my muscles starting to burn and my pulse racing, the blood is pounding in my ears. I feel like I'm riding in slow motion...

(Stay tuned for more on Bubbaliciousbmxr t.v.!)
Dani

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:08 am

(Stay tuned for more on Bubbaliciousbmxr t.v.!)

Which channel is that on Comcast Cable? I want to set up my TiVo! :P

Once again I bow down in the presence of your literary mastery! :wink:
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:07 pm

...I can almost feel my legs burning as i pedal around the corner. I can see their shadows behind me. I can't give this up. I have got to do it.

The second straight flys by and I am excited that I am still in first- but how far behind me are they? I don't dare to look back in fear that they may pass me by.

The third straight comes and goes and then....

(Insert toothpaste commercial)
Dani

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”