BMX movies....where are they?

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

BMX movies....where are they?

Postby greg » Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:48 am

I was just reading another thread about books that we read, and it got me thinking about a related subject.

I've always wondered why there wasn't any movies featuring BMX back in the day (80's). Maybe I'm biased, but if movies can be made about kids that spend their summer skateboarding or surfing, why not BMX. I just watched The Sandlot again with my kids, and I think it would soooo cool to have something like this but instead of baseball, make it BMX in the 80's. I mean really, I know the national past time is baseball, but when I was a pre-teen to teen kid, I spent everyday, all day, riding my bike. All of my friends were the same way. I don't know the exact quote from Lance Armstrong, but he recently said something about this in an interview..........how our bikes were our first real freedom. It was ours, and we were able to get on it and go, be it with friends or by ourselves. We make a special bond with our bikes, and I know I can remember each and every one I've owned, but especially the early ones.

I would think that me and my friends were not unique, that this was happening all over. As baseball was in the 60's in Sandlot, I think that BMX was to us in the 80's. We lived and breathed it. I know a movie showing the bonding of friends, riding our bikes, some of us racing and some of just going to the trails.......this would bring back allot of memories..........and if done well, could be a real classic.

Maybe some day I'll write a screenplay
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:24 am

I grew up watching the movie RAD. It was always a dream to race after that. It is hard to find any copies of the movie. If anyone knows where I can get a copy of it, please, let me know. GREAT MOVIE!
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:37 am

I have a VHS of RAD if you would like to dub it, or just borrow it. My rental fees are pretty cheap. :wink:

Yea, I didn't forget about the movie RAD. It isn't really the caliber I was thinking of, though. Entertaining movie, I have to admit. mmm mmmm mmm, and that Talia Shire (spelling?) lol
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:59 am

Maybe after Dani (bubbaliciousbmxr) gets her story done, we could try and sell it to the movie studio's? :D

Could you imagine what a good BMX movie today could do for new rider signups? :idea:
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

tread
Old School Bike Expert

Postby tread » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:53 am

I have Rad on dvd, maybe Jason could burn some copies?

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:05 am

That would be soooooo cool. I want Justin to see it. I know he'd love it and about sick of watching Bubble Boy over and over.
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:16 am

Mike, where were you last night? I decided at the last minute to go out to RAD, missed ya.

I don't have a DVD burner ( yet :) ), but I have a friend that can burn as many copies as we want to buy discs for! I think the DVD-R discs are around $2 each.

knucks

Postby knucks » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:40 am

the king of dvd burns is here burner covers screen print it looks like it would be brand new catch is i get a copy that movie is SICK love every last drop.......bring it out ill dub as many as we want
(just need a cd+r) cool cool dog :wink: im so stoked i love that movie wahooooooooooooooooooo

bubbaliciousbmxr
Queen of Sheba

Postby bubbaliciousbmxr » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:29 am

I don't get it either Greg, I mean, on disney they did motocross, why not BMX??? jeez, people are too wound up with motors. :wink:

You know Jason we could just make our own movie! I mean you take great pictures and i bet there are people who'd love to be in it! Why not just make our own? And then we could all say that there are at least two BMX films out there and we were in one of them!

If you guys have any ideas for my BMX novel/story/thingie please let my know!
Dani

c dale

Postby c dale » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:41 pm

i think that dans comp might have some

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:53 pm

THERE ARE A FEW BMX MOVIES BUT THEIR JUST LIKE PEOPLE DOING TRICKS AND STUFF. NOT ACTING.

THEY SHOULD MAKE A MOVIE ABOUT RAD CANYON!!
LMAO

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”