sweet music

Any topic you want. Put your suit on and enjoy the bubbles. Just don't make your own!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

sweet music

Postby greg » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:36 am

well, more then likely nobody really cares, but I just have to share with somebody.

After about 2 years in my house, I finally set up my stereo system (although in just a temporary way for now). What prompted me to do this, you ask? Well, I was down around my old stomping grounds of my youth (9th south and 2nd east) and noticed that Randy's records was still around. This place has been open for at least 25 years in one form or another selling new and used records. I just had to stop in. Same old Randy running the place, and me and him got bulls**ting about music and such, and it just gave me the bug.

Back to my audio system. I've been a pretty long time enthusiast of high-end equipement, and have managed to get a few pretty decent pieces here and there. Granted, it is on the low-end of the high-end (if ya know what I mean), but it is all I could afford at the time. Here's the run down:

Carver amplifiers - 150 watt continuous - 500 watt max
Carver CD
Dual CS5000 turntable w/ pickering head
Klipsch Heresy loudspeakers

I spent the evening listening to some very good recordings of:
Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab's half speed master of Supertramp - crime of the century

Deutsch Grammaphone master recording of the Berlin Symphony performing Pachebels Kanon and Gigue and Vivaldi's Four Seasons

AND

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

I'm sure I totally annoyed my wife, kids, and neighbors because my system is very capable of producing concert level sounds...........and I am not affraid to unleash it from time to time.

A very enjoyable evening, I must say!
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:18 am

Rock on Greg!

JS

Return to “UtahBMX Hot Tub”