RAD Canyon - Thur June 3rd - Race and Injury Report *PICS*

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

RAD Canyon - Thur June 3rd - Race and Injury Report *PICS*

Postby J Gallo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:07 am

I don't have a very detailed report for racing, but I did take a ton of pictures that I will post tonight.

For me, even though I had a good time racing, especially with both feet off the pedals :!: , it was overshadowed by an injury to another racer. Jenni Allen (justinsbmxmom) went down in her 1st moto yesterday and looked to have a broken left wrist. :cry: She was taken to the hospital in an ambulance to be checked out and hopefully that was the full extent of her injuries. Jenni, our thoughts are with you, and hope your road to recovery is smooth and quick.

Jason
Last edited by J Gallo on Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rythum time
Schwinn

Postby rythum time » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:08 am

It's always very sad to hear of another racer getting hurt :cry: Jenni, I wish you well!

Rick

D Dale
GT

Postby D Dale » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:46 am

Your crash was pretty scary. Get well soon and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Darla

J Gallo
Web Guy

Here's the Pics

Postby J Gallo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:12 pm

Here's all the pics I took from Thursday nights action. Also thanks to Bruce Ritter for some of these photos, I actually get a pic of me on here now!

Thursday Night RAD Canyon Pictures

Enjoy!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:57 pm

I came home from the hospital tonight. They thought I had fractured my hip but luckily it is just majorly bruised. The x-ray of my wrist showed a break near the thumb and a few fractures. I had surgery this morning. Four pins were put in to realign the bones. 6-weeks in a cast and the doc says no racing for maybe 6 months. Sucks to be me. Justin is in Idaho with family while I recover. I will still come to the races to cheer everyone on. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!
Brooke Oblad's report of my injuries. She broke her wrist.
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Jun 07, 2004 7:44 am

It's good to hear your back home and starting to heal. Hope to see you back at the track soon!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:32 pm

I got the pins out today. Very painful. They were going to put a brace on and told me I had to be careful. I told them I had a 4 year old boy. They asked me what color of cast I'd like. :roll:
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

Return to “Race Reports”