JS on post national racing in UT. Turn in your reports kids!

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

JS on post national racing in UT. Turn in your reports kids!

Postby JasonStout » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:02 am

What's up Utah Crew?

So post national blues have passed most of us. It's been an okay month for racing.

I had a blast racing Steve and Jason for total points a couple of times this month. It was rough and fun racing those kids! I hope you both find your way back to the track!

DP holds some great races. Cooks- keep it up. The clipless cup is a nice twist on stuff. I have it on video. Both Ian and Bruce smoked me out of the gate and admitedly moved over. Ian blows a pedal, and that sets me up for my 5th to 2nd move in the 2nd corner- Yup- I passed Ian, Bruce and Bryan in the same corner! I was giggling around the rest of the track! (you three were mixing it up pretty well, you know! like I said, I have the whole thing on tape! It was great having so many old dudes running it old school out at the DP. Applebee's afterwards was a highlight as well. Thanks for the fun night of racing ya'll.

Matt Spencer, Bryan Oblad and I mixed it up at Rad Canyon this week. Points were decided so we followed many of the motos before us and had a pump race in the main.

I have bruce's borrowed cranks and bb, Ian's wheels and forks- and I'm off to New Mexico! Thanks for the help!

HEY YOU!----- we have been doing a lot of racing, and not so much reporting! Alrighty everyone, step up and write about your races. Report who was where, how you got pimped, what your crash felt like, what it's like beating that guy that has owned you all year....Come on- step up and report all the racing that is going on! I dare you!

Wish me luck in NM!

JS

P.S. Did anyone pick up a plastic sack with 2 stems in it? A crupi and another one? I have misplaced it somewhere.......Anyone? (Sorry Tyler...)

Oh- one more thing! I want to especially thank Dan Patterson! Dan has been kind enough to let me run his cruiser wheels for the last 2 years! Can you believe that? I finally ordered a set of my own last week. Thanks again Dan! You're one heck of a guy!

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:45 am

agree! Where are all of the postings???

This place has been dead lately. Of course I haven't exactly been typing up a storm, but come on guys and gals.

I am beginning to be REAL sorry I missed the first no-clips race. I'm sure I would have had a great view of all of the action (form about 20 feet behind). But then again, I do only run flats, so I would be in my comfort zone unlike some of you.

I also have to agree with Jason on how great Dan is (although he hasn't loaned my anything for 2 years :shock: ). He's always been supportive of the utah scene and me. Yea, I hear ya on the sidelines yelling at me, Dan.

Anyway, I finally got my 20' Staats out of the garage and into some dirt on thursday at Rad. Boy does it feel GOOOOODDD! and boy did I feel BAADDDDD. I took a first in the first moto of a total pointer, but that was all I had to give for the day. Took two 3rds and a 3rd overall. I know I am more then out of shape, so I didn't think that not racing could bring me down that much further. I was WRONG.

SO, good luck to all that are heading to NM!!

I know that you'll represent.
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:40 am

I'm sure you've all noticed the flame that entered Justin this year. He is doing amazingly well. No more 16' Haro bike. That thing is too slow. He's taken three 1st place trophies now and can't wait to get more. It's cause for me not to race as much as I would like but I truly enjoy watching him and cheering him on much more. He talks non-stop about Bennett. He wants to be just like him.

If you ever need a good laugh, just watch Justin race and try to be like the pros. He puts his head down and rocks back and forth. He goes thru the motions of pumping. I can't tell if he is pumping or just trying to look cool like the others. He's the MAN!

See ya'll at the races.
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

greg
2004 36-40 Cruiser State Champ

Postby greg » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:36 am

I was talking to Justin on the sidelines on Thursday night, and he made me laugh pretty hard. We were talking about how fast he is, and he said one of the reasons is that his mom makes him eat "yukky" food that makes you go fast. So, what I want to know is what is this yukky food?? I think I need some of that!

He's a great kid and doing great at racing. Keep it up!
Greg "how long does it take you to crash" prawitt

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:10 pm

Justin sure has come alive! It's nice to know you can pinpoint it to something as simple as yukky food! What's the stuff Jenni?

Keep up the good work in school, and at the track Justin!

JS

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:24 am

I have no idea what the yukky food is. I just told him if he ate everything I put on his plate, he would be faster. He is always telling me that Grandma Allen cooks better food than me.

Another trick, yukky food makes you grow taller so you can go on more rides at Lagoon. So far it's working.

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:58 am

Justin had to actually battle it out for a 1st place last night. On the way home he said, "Mom, I think that kid has been eating his vegetables. He's fast. What can I eat to get faster?" I told him I was out of yukky food and now he's worried.

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:22 pm

Is that win #4? Wow! Big congrats to Justin!

I saw two really cool things yesterday after Bennett’s crashes that showed just how amazing our little BMX family is here:

After the first crash Hayden Bruce brought over a Popsicle for Bennett. He had promised it to him if he won the race. Well, Bennett obviously did not win, but that was really nice of Hayden. What a heart that kid has.

After the second wipeout Mike Kelley came over and picked up Bennett and gave him a big hug. He then spent some time with Bennett talking about the rhythm and how to read the track. Then Mike and Steve went to work smoothing out the left side of the rhythm. If that was not enough, Mike came and got Bennett out of staging and walked him over to show him how they smoothed it out to put him at ease a bit. A big thanks to Mike for being so supportive and doing some things that just wouldn’t have meant the same coming from me.

I am glad we live and race here in Utah. This has gotta be the best place to race and live BMX!
~Curtis

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:21 am

I had to take Justin to the doc Tuesday for a cough. He had fluid on the lungs. I know why he didn't want to get up after his fall last Thursday. He was having a hard time breathing normal. Since he was so sick and malnourished when he came to America, his lungs are weak. When he gets any kind of infection, his lungs get inflamed and it takes steroids and strong meds to get them back to "normal" size. Doc told him not to race for a week to let the meds do their thing. It was hard not to go to the races last night. Looks like this is going to be a lifelong issue.

Return to “Race Reports”