Steve Spencer or Bigfoot sighting @ DP Saturday night???

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Steve Spencer or Bigfoot sighting @ DP Saturday night???

Postby bnd » Sun May 22, 2005 12:57 am

Actually it WAS bigfoot....Seeing Spence out there is even more rare!

Tonights 15 moto race at Deseret Peak was awesome. We had Melton, Joe W. (on flats), Gallo, Eglintine, Ian, Greg & myself in 28+ tonight, the racing was hot & heavy. After getting the best snap & gate of the year so far for me, I clipped out after 3 or 4 cranks & fell back to last & managed to salvage 4th but man was I pissed! That's twice now in a week that clipping out has cost me dearly.
NFM Casey got his first trophy tonight with a 2nd in 13I. Platform Vinnie got a 2nd in 13x behind Cody Kelly.
The track has become alot more smoother since Darren has dragged the heck out of it.

Ian had a BBQ after the races & we were there until around 10:30pm practicing, eating & messing around, good times. Thanks for the food guys, I owe you.
Something took a dump on my bike, either my very expensive FSA BB or my rear hub which I hope it is becsuse that will give me a good reason to finally get rid of my Sun Ringl'e cassettes & get something decent.

Barring a family emergency, Spence better show next race or everybody has my permission to pile on & guilt him into showing up at least once this year!

BTW, how does a flat pedal race sound to all the 28+ racers on 20" next race? If I have positive feedback I'll hand out flyers at RC next Tues. & Thursday to remind everybody.

Deseret Peak IS racing next weekend!

b.

Geddo

Postby Geddo » Sun May 22, 2005 9:37 am

Yo B...add me to that distinquished list for next Saturday. I get in town Friday afternoon. I'm down for the flat pedal race seeing I've been off my clips for 8 months now...hehehe. Let me know, I'll bring both pairs. Do I get to start in the first turn? :lol: See ya'll Saturday!

Geddo

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Sun May 22, 2005 9:59 am

Sounds like a good time out at DP last night! I wish I could have made it but after having an all-BMX-weekend last week I felt my fence needed some staining. I found out that stain doesnt take well to vinyl :P
I am pretty sure that I will make it out next week as it will be my last weekend home for the next month or so. Lets plan a "flats-only" race, so plan on leaving your ski bindings at home :D

It will be great to have you back where you belong Lee!

BMX!!!
Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

JasonStout
GT

DP, Lee, pedals, and Times!

Postby JasonStout » Sun May 22, 2005 1:02 pm

Lee!

We look forward to welcoming you home! Thanks for your service overseas! Can't wait to have your service in the Utah BMX family. I hope you get another track running. That would be fantastic!

Anyone have a nice flats that I can borrow for the old geezer, old school, flats race? We might need extra for the likes like Oblad- who has never gone back to flats since he clipped in. (that's my story too- I can hardly ride a bike without cleats and bindings!

Bruce Ritter- after this Saturday- go invest in some TIME pedals. Stop this silly clipping out! It's time for TIMES to get a better time, and have a better time.......k I'm done.

:)

See ya'll there.

JS

Geddo

Postby Geddo » Sun May 22, 2005 4:23 pm

Thanks guys! I've been waiting for this for some time now. It sucks I'll have to leave again for about 2 1/2 months but at least I will get my "fix" to help me get through. Since we are going "old skool" on Saturday, I figured I better freshen up on da skillz so I broke out the training manual...LOL.

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Mon May 23, 2005 1:23 am

LTN!!!

(Laughing through nose!)

JS

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Mon May 23, 2005 8:38 am

I have to thank Matt Howard for a great race. I wasn't going to budge on the first turn in the mains. I'm paying for it. My tail bone, shoulder, and head are sore. But hey, I've crashed worse than that and have ridden to tell about it. I had fun racing the men, but I'm calling out to all women, GET YOUR LITTLE TUSHES OUT THERE AND RACE! I tried not to feel intimidated being the only girl out there on the DP track. I had fun. Too bad Justin had to sit on the side lines again. Someday he'll learn what sets Mom off.

BTW...Does anyone know how to get a copy of the movie RAD?
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

Ammo_Dawg

Postby Ammo_Dawg » Mon May 23, 2005 9:44 am

Ebay has the RAD dvd anywhere from $5 - $15.

Lee

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Mon May 23, 2005 9:49 am

I'll have to check there again. I looked once and figured it was so rare. I grew up watching that movie and thought I'd never have the chance to race like that. What a dream come true!
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

Matt Howard

Postby Matt Howard » Mon May 23, 2005 12:24 pm

It was sure good to get back on the saddle. I always have a great time racing at D.P. That Jenni Allen is one tough chick. Pretty impressive racing - thanks Jenni and Brian. Hope to see you all out there soon.

Return to “Race Reports”