JS on Sat. April 23, 2005- Rad and DP

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

JS on Sat. April 23, 2005- Rad and DP

Postby JasonStout » Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:31 pm

Hey Utah crew!

After a short run in with the police, I was able to finally make it to Rad Canyon for a few practice laps.-ask me later....

Rad is king. That track is amazing. The facilities are top rate, you know. I forget after being away so long. We are lucky to have such a great track close to us.

The rebuild is much better in person! ;) The track allows for some great lines for all levels of riders. Great job ya'll- and thanks to everyone who spent time getting it ready to ride for the few of us on Sat. The rhythm section chops me up. Mike K. helped me get through some of the deep ones. Thanks for your help Mike!

I escaped the rain in the SL valley and went to Tooele. DP is such a fun track! One of the funnest in the country, I think! D and D work so hard at that place. They could surely use some help. The race was a lot of fun. I raced in motos 1, 2, and 7! What a great way to get into shape for the season- and yes, I felt like I was gonna puke a couple of times. :oops:

The numbers where down because of the weather, the Layton BMX jam, and a small problem with the posted schedule. I'm sure next week we'll have a great turnout!

Cruiser main was a blast! I was riding Danita's cruiser (thanks again) and spun out in the gate. It was comback time from that point on. The Oblad brothers even got together pushing Ian high in the first corner. We all avoided a bad pile up! It made it fun. After screaming past Ian- (literally!- I said, "Ian stay there- here I come!") I chased Mike Oblad down. That kid has some serious strength. I was just a little smoother through the rhythm section to get the 2nd place behind Brian O. (District #373)

Joe W. whooped my butt in class! Keep it up Joe!

It was fun just being out to the races. I enjoyed my conversations with the Cooks, Heathian and the pup, Mike O, Curtis Newkirk, Jake Dave and Bob, and the rest of ya'll.

Props to Guy ?- for being the only other racer to do all 3 classes: Open, cruiser, and class! Way to be an iron man!

Go do some sprints!!! ;)

JS

Return to “Race Reports”