Ogdent Raceway was the place to be on Sat.!

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

JasonStout
GT

Ogdent Raceway was the place to be on Sat.!

Postby JasonStout » Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:44 am

Ogden raceway was the place to be on Saturday!

The weather was perfect for riding. It was cool enough to keep you from sweating, but not even too cold to ride. The track conditions where top shelf! Props to Dan, Troy, and the crew for spending so much time and out of pocket money preparing the track and the race. They had to rent a pump to displace a huge amount of water out of the first turn, but it was dry by Sat.

We had 7 Motos of great racing. Each lap was action packed. Mostly total points.

Most of the riders, like myself, felt a little sketchy riding after such a long break, but it all came back after a while.

It was great to see an small, but enthusiastic crowd out to the races.

Dave Williams strapped a huge velcro strap around his walking boot in order to keep it on his bike! Talk about dedication. He and his son are two great racers! I hope to see them out at more of the races throughout the year. Dave, I guess has a background in free riding, and has amazing bike coordination- and his son seems to have the fire for the sport as well.

So-My question is, where were the rest of you? Was it a bad Saturday to come to race in perfect weather, and top notch track conditions? (I'm just curious to see where that Sunday morning skate park crew was on Saturday afternoon!)

:)

Write in with your excuses for not being there.....

Jason Stout

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:42 am

Uh...... I'm sorry? (this is in reference to a TV commercial though I can't remember what it's for, so hopefully you've seen it too otherwise this comment will not be funny at all :) )

Ok, here's my excuse. Thursday night I was notified by my wife that she had to teach some training class or something on Saturday from 11-3. So I was still planning on going and just bringing my kids with me, but my youngest didn't feel well Friday, and I thought it would be best just to keep her home on saturday instead of taking her out in the cold. Trust me, I really wanted to race.

Can you ever forgive me Stout? :) :P :wink:
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:41 pm

LOL

NO prob Jas- We'll let you off this time with a note from your doctor and your mother!

I just missed seeing the whole BMX family!

I miss ya'll!!

I'm looking forward to this weekend, though!

JS

justinsbmxmom
SE Floval Flyer

Postby justinsbmxmom » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:30 pm

I wanted to be there but figured the Ogden track wasn't the best to start back on. I'm hoping to race this weekend. Last Monday I was given a clean bill of health. I was advised not to race but it wasn't an order. :roll: :lol:
Jenni - SE Ridin' BMX Chic

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:20 pm

I was at the gym on Sat morning, and then went to most of the bike shops here in town and handed out flyers to pump up the indoor races and this first weekend!
Does that count as a good excuse?
Jason :lol:
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:40 am

I was in Korea but my kids showed up and raced. How did Austin and Ashlee do? Is Ashlee ever going to be able to race girls her age? LOL Have an awesome indoor weekend. Brandi, Austin and Ashlee will be there. If you don't know them, walk up and say hello. They are great and I miss them dearly.

Lee Geddings

Ammo_Dawg

Postby Ammo_Dawg » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:47 am

I almost forgot to ask. I need a favor. Can someone take a look at Austin and watch him in practice at the indoor and see if he may need a gearing change. I believe he's running a 42/15 but I know the indoor tracks can get to be short an tight and he will probably need to be geared down. Brandi will have the toolbox and any gears you may need, I just need a "rent-a-dad" to do the pit duties. Thanks a bunch!

Lee

Return to “Race Reports”