Gearing

File race reports and post pictures here! Enquiring minds want to know!

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

Punk-Biker940
GT

Gearing

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:56 pm

I am going to the Arizona National at the end of the month and we need to kno how big the track is and what gear I should use. I am at a 40,15 and if i should go up or down or anything. Any one who has been there let me kno!

-alex

FLYNHIGH
Flynhighbmx Webmaster

Postby FLYNHIGH » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:14 pm

It is about like Rad (at least at the Falls it was). The track is much longer than Rad, or it just feels like it. I would recommend just sticking with what you have on right now, see how it feels during your first practice. Then you will know whether to gain or drop a tooth or not. Hope this helps.

Curtis Newkirk
Photog Extraordinaire

Postby Curtis Newkirk » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:36 pm

Alex - great news you are going to make it!

I (erg..my kids) have never raced Black Mountain, but tracks are tracks and they are all different and require different gearing. I try to go to each track with two gear inches above and below in my gear bag. This is a little extreme, but prepares me for the worst.

Like Trav suggested, I would gear for Rad outdoor. The problem is that you have not raced Rad outdoor in a while and may be ready to go up a tooth. In this case I would suggest gearing for what you ran at the last outdoor and relying on the rest of us to help you out from there. You are more than welcome to any gear in my bag and I will help you set up. Either way, I think you will be fine. There will be plenty of people to help you out..
~Curtis

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:00 pm

Awesome thanks for the help guys!

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:31 am

Who all is going? I know Guy should be healed up and ready to go!
Shane

Punk-Biker940
GT

Postby Punk-Biker940 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:17 pm

My cousin, my dad, and I are going for sure partly because my grandparents live down there so we will just stay down at there place for the weekend. we were going to go over spring break but decided it would be more fun to go see them and race too!

aLeX

Return to “Race Reports”