Legacy BMX, getting to know the new Track Op's.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Legacy BMX, getting to know the new Track Op's.

Postby bnd » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:22 am

I pulled this from their FB page.

"We want you to get to know a little about the new Legacy Raceway track operators. Here they are...
Ryan Crandall has been a resident of Davis County all his life. He enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife and 4 children. He also enjoys woodworking and tinkering with just about anything. Ryan has also assisted those in his community as a member of the Davis County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue team for over 9 years. Ryan graduated from Utah Valley University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Administration. While new to the BMX world, he strives to make BMX racing fun, and safe for everyone.
Kevin Crandall is an avid road cyclist from Centerville. When he is not on his bike he spends most of his time either working hard or entertaining his 3 boys. Kevin is a hard worker who seems to never get exhausted (probably because he rides about 50 miles a day). His work ethic shows in everything he does. He also enjoys golfing and the occasional triathlon. He has a Master’s Degree in Hospital Administration. Also new to BMX, he just wants to do everything he can to make the track successful.
Kevin’s wife Lara has graciously offered to step in as the track Treasurer. She has an extensive background in customer relations, planning, and marketing. We really appreciate having her around to keep us and our budgets in line."

I was really impressed last Saturday night with the hard work I saw with the new crew & a few old faces helping out. The track is glass smooth. The sky is the limit with this track, there is a ton of new housing surrounding the area & if the right promoting can happen, this track will stick around for many years.
Yes, it's a very basic novice/intermediate course but that's OK, get the 80% of new or newer rider base in there and grow the sport. I'll be putting my full resources behind this track. Stay tuned.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX”