Another idea from B's big brain.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Another idea from B's big brain.

Postby bnd » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm not talking about Brads (Pulp Fiction ref), so probebly in the 90's I threw this idea out to RC for another "fun" event & was shot down. Now that we have ran No-Clips, relay races, jumping contests......ect. How about bringing back this event?

http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/features/VIDEO-2013-Super-Session-Long-Jump-Contest,20372/djschmitt,2252

These were really popular in the 70's & 80's. I remember seeing one at my very 1st race back in 1977. Just another idea to throw out.

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

joker75
SBC Army

Re: Another idea from B's big brain.

Postby joker75 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:21 pm

That looks like a blast. After seeing Robby and Tommy triple some of the stuff they have on track, I can only imagine where the lines would make it.

I'm pretty sure I'd spend most of the event as a spectator, as I'm positive that I'd be out long before it got anywhere near the 37 foot mark, like probably closer to the 37 inch mark on a good day with a very strong tailwind.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

JAlvey
GT

Re: Another idea from B's big brain.

Postby JAlvey » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:25 pm

we'd schedule most anything if it meant bruce would come to the track

Return to “UtahBMX”