26" Carbon wheels. Reynolds vs. Enve.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

26" Carbon wheels. Reynolds vs. Enve.

Postby bnd » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:11 pm

“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

joker75
SBC Army

Re: 26" Carbon wheels. Reynolds vs. Enve.

Postby joker75 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:45 pm

Mike and Cody Kelly have been running Enve for a while now and seem to be happy with them. I believe Kevin Dilley is also running a set of Enve rims on his 26" DJ/ race bike and they don't seem to be holding him back in the least. If my aging memory serves me correctly, I believe Ropelato is also running Enve rims on his bikes as well.

If you want to know more about Reynolds you should probably get a hold of Heather Elliot as the last I knew that is where she works. If she doesn't have the info you need, she could sure point you in the direction of someone who does. This is where I picked up the carbon fiber tube to make the internal spacer for my Profile cranks when I made my own outboard bottom bracket using some spare Shimano bearing cups.

Both companies are here in Utah, so you are supporting our local economy either way. I believe Enve is headquartered in the Ogden are, while Reynolds is in West Jordan. I know the people at Reynolds were very helpful when I called them with the oddball request for a 5" piece of carbon fiber tubing with a 3/4" I.D., and even took the time to find out what my intentions were so they could make sure that I got something that would work well in my situation.

Hopefully this helps, but ultimately I can't see a reason that you would be disappointed with either of them.
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

Return to “UtahBMX”