thinking about a pump track in the backyard...

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

sixstringsteve
GT

Re: thinking about a pump track in the backyard...

Postby sixstringsteve » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:38 pm

We got a ton of work done yesterday (literally). Actually, 13 tons. We moved 13 tons of dirt from the driveway, about 50 yards away to the backyard. To date, we've hauled about 50 tons of dirt to the back, all by shovel and wheelbarrow. Thanks to all who have helped!

All of the dirt is officially in the back now. We just need to finish shaping 3 turns and 4 rollers, then it'll be completely rideable. The shaping and packing is really fun, I enjoy that part. Riding it isn't too bad either. :)

If anyone wants some pointsers on my awesome photography lighting techniques, I'd be happy to share my secrets. :)

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:52 am

We got a ton of work done on Saturday. The pump track is officially complete.

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:54 am

We did a little 45 minute session back there. Fun times!

Now I need to talk to a lawyer and find out how I can protect myself and my homeowner's insurance from having to pay out when someone injures themselves. Once I get that worked out, we'll have a BBQ/pump track night back there and you'll all be invited. paging skicruz...

joker75
SBC Army

Postby joker75 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:01 am

That looks like a lot of fun, Steve. It would definitely be a good idea to speak with a lawyer regarding liability issues. The ones I have spoken with have basically said that even with waivers, it is difficult to protect yourself from being sued by someone who gets hurt on your property. Even if you weren't negligent in any way, if the plaintiff has enough money to drag things out, it can cost you considerable amounts just to prove that you weren't.

Good luck, and enjoy the ride.
Hal
Hal Gaerte
Performance Bike Parts
Disclaimer: AKA of "Snappy" has nothing to do with my ability to snap a gate. It has everything to do with the sound bones make when the break. Don't ask, it's a touchy subject.

sixstringsteve
GT

Postby sixstringsteve » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:22 pm

bummer, that's what I was afraid of. Thanks Hal!

Return to “UtahBMX”