What do you know now, that you wish you new then?

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

J Gallo
Web Guy

What do you know now, that you wish you new then?

Postby J Gallo » Wed May 19, 2004 8:48 am

I'm going to start putting together a new rider section for the website, and include any and all information that a new rider needs to get started racing BMX. What I'd like to know from everyone is when you started out, is there anything you wish you knew then, that you know now, that might help someone get started with BMX. Anything at all, no matter how insignificant it might sound, might just help someone get started.

Also, if you have any ideas about content that should be included, let me know. At this point I know I'll include all the basic ABA info, including pad requirements, clothing requirements, etc. I also plan on including a Moto sheet and how to read it. I'd also like to include some personal stories about BMX, what you like, how you got started in the sport, etc.

Whatever way we can help people get excited about BMX, I want to do!

Thanks!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

Darla

What I wish I knew then, that I know now.

Postby Darla » Wed May 19, 2004 11:43 am

When Colton first started racing. My neighbor took him out to the track on his cheap, heavy, ride around the neighborhood bike. He rode that a few times and then Sheldon went and bought him a bike. What he didn't know was the bike he bought was way too big for Colton who at the time was 7. It was a Diamondback Assault, so Sheldon thought it would be a good bike. It was just not for a 7 year old. We paid almost $300 for the bike and after he rode it a few times, people around the track were telling us the bike was way too big. So, we had to go buy him another bike that fit him.

My suggestion to new families getting into the sport of BMX is to talk to the people at the track before you go buy a bike from a bike shop that dosen't specialize in BMX.

Good luck to you and I hope my suggestion helps.

Darla

Return to “UtahBMX”