A BMX Injury I never dreamed of.....

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

A BMX Injury I never dreamed of.....

Postby mackdaddy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 pm

Well here is a bmx injury I never had considered....... This last Sat I was out at Rad helping one of the family do a birthday party. We had a great time. The party is all done and I am cleaning up, went to put the ram for the gate and the startign box away. I had set the ram down on the ground, went to pick it up and felt a sharp searing pain in my stomach. Thought I had pinched my skin, but it hurt much worse and for alot longer. When I got home, talked to the wife and she wants to see it. She tells me I ahve been bitten, By what I dont know for sure. Well we have been to the hospital a couple of times and they tell me it looks like a brown recluse spider.
I am on heavy antibiotics, both IV and oral. Back to the hospital for more IV 's tomorrow. I have an IV in my arm for the next couple of days (no riding this week I guess) :cry:
We are waiting to see what the bite does and if it will open up! This really bites..... pun intended! Plus I feel wierd all over and spacey from the venom.
Usually I am worried about the other riders on the track, and then get taken out by a spider............ :shock:
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

Return to “UtahBMX”