Thoughts on D.P. last night.

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

bnd
Information Minister

Thoughts on D.P. last night.

Postby bnd » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:55 pm

The race pulled around 20 motos (I think) so I think after Rad had a double pointer on Thursday maybe people were just tapped out to race two days later, I don't know. I do know that the weather was sweet & even alittle chilly when the mains came around.

- Got to give it up for the Oblad clan. The girls won their mains then Brian made a sweet low-high in 36-40 cruiser in the first corner with a super fast, super tight line to get under Kisslinger who holeshotted from lane 8. Is it the bigger bike that lets you rail so hard? I don't know but that bike definalty rolls fast & that main was fun to watch. Congrats you three.

- I was sitting up in staging behind lane 1 during the mains when I heard some kid around 12-13 say something outloud to the tune of the track was in bad shape & sucked.........right,& I mean right in front of Diana Cook. Keeping her cool, she let everybody in front of her know that there is alot of hard work to keep that track in good working order on a weekly basis with only 2 fulltime workers to do the work. Next time your not happy with the/a track, take it upon yourselves to grab a broom or rake & fix the problem instead of complaining about it.

- More props have got to be given to Proformance Bike Shop. I decided to race my 20" for the first time this year (big mistake :roll: ) & before my practice I stopped by their trailer. Ian spotted 2 big cracks in my stem right off. I thought they were just scratches but sure enough they were cracks. I can't even begin to think what would of happened if that stem were to fail during a lap. He helped me change out the stem which was a pain due to my lack of upkeep on my bike & set me up with a new stem. I'll be tearing both my bikes down soon & giving them the once over. Thanks again Ian.

- The two remaining races after the State Finals in September are going to be big deals. I'll announce the plans right around the SCF's weekend, stay tuned. Hopefully we will be able to find the rock Gallo has been living under & get him out for one of those races, maybe......

b.
“Sometimes if you want to see a change for the better, you have to take things into your own hands.”

Return to “UtahBMX”