Rad Canyon Rebuild

Anything and everything about the Utah BMX scene.

Moderators: JAlvey, bnd

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Rad Canyon Rebuild

Postby mackdaddy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:20 pm

Its underway and we are going to need people to help this weekend. Friday night and Sat. during the day. will post the times tomorrow
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
http://www.jasonsellsslc.com
(801)860-9357

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:45 pm

I'm in L.A....

Have fun!

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:06 pm

ok we will be working on Rad Friday night at 5:30 and Sat morning at 10 am.
We need some help with the hand work so if you would like to help please come out.
No bikes no riding......... we dont have water yet aand alot of the jump are just powder right now.

Thanks
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
(801)860-9357

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:19 pm

The 3rd straight......you have a big roller, step, dub, roller, roller, triple. PLEASE remove the two rollers after the dub. Steve doesn't have time & I am leaving for vacation early tomorrow morning. If I was in town I would do it with a shovel. It sounds like the 1st & 2nd straight is now opened up, keep it up & do the same on the 3rd straight, especially since your going into a re-built triple. More pedaling!

At least let Kelly either take them out or buff them out!

My 2 cents.
Bruce

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:58 am

Is there still a triple in the first turn? I thought it was fine, but it did claim a lot of the 6-10 year old crowd when they "bounced" off the third bump.
Last edited by JAlvey on Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

JAlvey
GT

Postby JAlvey » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:59 am

Figure out what will slow Melton down(if anything) and then do that....

We'll try to make it out on Saturday for a while.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:13 am

Figure out what will slow Melton down(if anything) and then do that....

For the right price, I might be willing to "blind" him with a big flash from my camera :)

Or maybe the other kind of "flash" would slow him down more? HAHA
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

mackdaddy
Resident Sushi Expert

Postby mackdaddy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:46 pm

We are close to being done! The triple into the first turn is longer and a little bigger. Awesome 6 pack down the second straight and its gonna be fast!
Roller double double roller roller triple into the last corner. Last straight is the same as last year.
All the turns were cleaned up resahaped and made taller!!!!
Pics are coming!!!!
Look for a major announcement from the TO soon!!!
Just a bit of fillinf in left, then we will be rolling it and its ready to ride.
Jason Melton
Overland Group
jmelton@overlandcorp.com
(801)860-9357

Schmickity
Schwinn

Postby Schmickity » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:47 pm

Pics?

Were looking to head up that way in a few weeks to see some family and friends and a race day would be fun... Race on Sundays up there?

saw Utah plates at the SCQ race at Orange Show today, hope you guys had a good time at our track

Ron M
The TO

Postby Ron M » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:32 am

Good Morning & welcome to a rainy Easter Sunday. But the weather did cooperate long enough for the rebuild to be completed. Thanks to all that participated, nice job!

With the rebuild complete, we will now schedule practice (weather permitting) at Rad Canyon for the next three Saturdays, April 14, 21, & 28, from 10 am to 2 pm.

Practice fee will be $ 3.00, but this could be waived, if your parents help with track & facility setup while the kids practice the new track!

Again, thanks to the rebuild crew!
Ron Melton, Rad Canyon, Inc.

J Gallo
Web Guy

Postby J Gallo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:46 am

I went over to RAD this morning and took a few pics of the new TRACK!! Wow, it looks fast!

You can check out all the pics here:

RAD Canyon 2007 Rebuild Pics

Enjoy!
Gallo
"The ability to walk fully upright is overrated. Along with tying your own shoes."

sspencer
Factory Bikini Cuts Hotshoe

Postby sspencer » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:19 pm

The 3rd straight......you have a big roller, step, dub, roller, roller, triple. PLEASE remove the two rollers after the dub. Steve doesn't have time & I am leaving for vacation early tomorrow morning. If I was in town I would do it with a shovel. It sounds like the 1st & 2nd straight is now opened up, keep it up & do the same on the 3rd straight, especially since your going into a re-built triple. More pedaling! At least let Kelly either take them out or buff them out! My 2 cents. Bruce

Bruce, it will cost more than .02 cents to do the work :P
Have you come out to look at it closely? The third straight is slightly downhill so it is still fast and a little more forgiving than it was last season. Please try it before making any final decisions. The changes on the first two straights will allow for more pedaling than ever before and balances out the track. Power/pedalling on straights one and two and skills/tech on the last two straights.

The triple has been stretched out to allow for a better landing pad between the last two rollers and is more forgiving. To jump the triple now you will have to yank a good 33' to 34' making it one of the longest jumps on a BMX track anywhere.

I welcome all comments and suggestions but please let the track pack in before making any final opinions. And please remember this.... we have one of the best, if not thee best, facilities/tracks in the world. We have pumped out more national caliber riders in the last few years than ever before in Utah all while increasing the number of new riders. Be thankful for what we have and what NOBODY else has.

Thank you Rad Canyon and the UTAH BMX community.

I hope everyone enjoys the track,
Steve
Spence'- dizzle fo'- shizzle
UTAH BMX Charter Member

bnd
Information Minister

Postby bnd » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:43 pm

I just got home an hour ago & checked the pics, looks GREAT Steve & Macky. No worries on my part.

I was riding at the Montrose BMX track this weekend. They actually had the Colorado SCF there last year. They are not changing the track one bit this year, for why I don't know but just imagine Deseret Peak sitting dorment for over a year with no work done to it.......that's what I was riding this weekned. Yes, we have it good all the way around.

b.

JasonStout
GT

Postby JasonStout » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:06 am

Oh wow! The track looks fantastic!

Nice work everybody!

Oh, and L.A. was awesome!

JS

Return to “UtahBMX”